MindEdge's Data-Driven Decision Making Learning Resource
MindEdge's Data-Driven Decision Making learning resource provides an overview of topics in statistics and their applications in a variety of fields. This course begins with the basics of quantitative analysis and its increasing use in the professional landscape of today. Learners are exposed to quantitative decision making tools and techniques, which tie into real-world case studies. This course utilizes games, videos, interactive exercises, quizzes, real world case studies, and other engaging content.
This modular course can be tailored to your school with webtexts, ebooks, and optional trade paperbacks available. It seamlessly integrates into all learning management systems.
MindEdge's Data-Driven Decision Making content enhances skills in:
- Applying analytics in decision making
- Distinguishing good data from bad data
- Evaluating research techniques to yield the most accurate results
- Utilizing descriptive statistics in a variety of settings
- Creating a graphical representation of descriptive statistics
- Employing forecasting techniques
- Performing a regression analysis
- Making recommendations based on analytics
This course uses interactive material to enable student engagement. There are spreadsheet programs for applying and practicing concepts presented throughout the course. When performing calculations, students receive real time feedback on their answers. Frequent checkpoints allow students to measure their comprehension of the material.
There are seven modules in the learning resource:
- The Case for Quantitative Analysis
- Statistics as a Managerial Tool
- Quality Management Basics (Statistical Process Control)
- Says Who? Considering Evidence and Credibility
- Real World Data-Driven Decisions
- Improving Organizational Performance (Performance Measures)
- Comprehensive Case Study
The MindEdge Math Diagnostic is an online resource for both learners and instructors, offering a robust diagnostic assessment, adaptive learning, and practice spaces that aid students in developing the weaker areas in their basic math skills before enrolling in a more advanced quantitative analysis course, such as the MindEdge Data-Driven Decision Making course.
The MindEdge Math Diagnostic empowers and enables learners by providing a guided learning path as follows:
Topics in the Math Diagnostic include the following:
- Understanding Scales
- Using Numbers
- Using Variables
- Order of Operations
- Basic Economics